¼ Teaspoon Salt
3/4 Cup Finely Chopped Nuts
1 Cup Powdered Sugar (for Coating)
1. Mix butter, sugar and vanilla thoroughly.
2. Add flour and salt; blend in.
3. Mix in nuts
4. Chill dough.
5. When ready to bake, preheat oven to 400°.
6. Roll dough into 1 inch balls and place on ungreased baking sheet.
7. Bake 10-12 minutes or until set but not brown.
8. Remove from oven and roll in powdered sugar while still warm.
9. Let cool and roll in powdered sugar again.
Makes about 4 dozen cookies.
Notes: These cookies store well in the freezer.
These cookies are also known as “Snowballs” or “Mexican Wedding Cakes”