1. Preheat oven to 375
degrees F. Lightly coat thirty-two* 1-3/4-inch muffin cups with cooking
spray; set aside. Using a 3-inch round cutter, cut 32 circles from the
tortillas; gently press one round into each muffin cup, pleating the
rounds as necessary to fit. Set cups aside.
2. For filling, in a blender, combine cilantro, half-and-half or light
cream, green onion, eggs, salt, and cayenne pepper; cover and blend
until smooth. Spoon a scant tablespoon filling into each tortilla-lined
3. Bake about 15 minutes or until completely set when poked near center
with a wooden toothpick. Carefully remove quiches from cups.
4. Before serving, spoon 1/4 teaspoon sour cream atop each warm quiche
and sprinkle with paprika. Makes 16 servings (2 quiches per serving).
5. *Test Kitchen Tip: If you have only one mini-muffin pan, prepare the
tortilla rounds and filling as directed, and bake the tiny quiches in
three batches, keeping the filling chilled between batches.
6. Make-Ahead Directions: Prepare and bake quiches as directed through
Step 3. Remove from cups and cool completely on a wire rack. Place in an
airtight container; cover. Chill for up to 1 day. To reheat, place
quiches in a 15x10x1-inch baking pan. Bake in a 375 degree F oven for 10
to 12 minutes or until heated through.
7. Party for 8: Prepare as directed, except cut ingredients in half,
making 16 quiches.