Calories: 202: We cut the calories and fat by using fat-free yogurt to
tenderize the biscuit-like topping on this traditional homespun cobbler.
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons sugar
1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
1/2 cup sugar
4 teaspoons cornstarch
3 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened sliced, peeled peaches
2 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened pitted tart red cherries
1 cup plain fat-free yogurt
1/4 cup refrigerated or frozen egg product, thawed
Ground nutmeg (optional)
1. For topping, in a mixing bowl, stir together the flour, the 2 tablespoons
sugar, the baking powder, and the 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg. Using a pastry
blender, cut in the butter or margarine until mixture resembles coarse
crumbs. Set aside.
2. For filling, in a large saucepan stir together the 1/2 cup sugar and the
cornstarch. Stir in 1/3 cup water. Add the peaches and cherries. Cook and
stir until thickened and bubbly. Keep the filling hot while finishing
3. To finish topping, stir together the yogurt and egg product. Add yogurt
mixture to flour mixture, stirring just to moisten.
4. Transfer filling to a 2-quart square baking dish, using a spoon.
5. Drop topping by heaping tablespoons on
top of filling.
Bake for 20 minutes in a 350 degree oven.