Makes 16 rolls
Time: 20 minutes to assemble
11-13 minutes to bake
This is a quick and easy recipe using efrigerated crescent rolls!
1-7 oz box
Odense Almond Paste
2-8 oz packages of refrigerated crescent rolls
1-4 oz semi-sweet, good quality chocolate bar (like Ghirardelli's)
Sugar for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Beat egg
with one tablespoon water and set aside.
- Cut chocolate into 1/4 inch by 1 inch slices. If they break, just piece
together as you use them. Using a cheese slicer or sharp knife, cut thin
slices of Almond Paste. Set aside.
- Separate each roll into 8 triangles. Lay slices of Almond Paste on top
of dough. At widest end of triangle, lay a strip of chocolate on top of
Almond Paste. Roll to point.
- Place point side down on baking sheet. Curve into a crescent shape.
Brush crescents with egg wash and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes or until golden brown. Serve.