Blueberry Gem Scones
1/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup chopped dried blueberries
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
About 1/3 cup milk
1. Heat oven to 400°.
2. Mix flour, sugar, and baking powder in a large bowl.
3. Cut in butter, using a pastry blender, until mixture looks like fine crumbs.
4. Stir in blueberries and chips.
5. Gently stir in just enough milk so that dough leaves the side of the bowl and forms a ball.
6. Turn dough out onto lightly floured surface.
7. Divide dough into two equal portions and shape each into a circle about 3/4 inch thick.
8. Place dough circles on cookie sheet and cut each one into 4 or 8 pie-shaped wedges, depending on what size scones you wish to make; do not separate wedges.
9. Sprinkle with sugar.
10. Bake approximately 15 minutes. Check for doneness by inserting a toothpick near center. When toothpick comes out clean and scones are starting to brown, they are done.
11. Remove from oven and separate wedges. Place wedges on a rack to cool.
You can make different varieties of scones by using different dried fruit and substituting pecans, pistachios, almonds or walnuts nuts for the chips.